Official Take a Second™ Video Contest Rules
Abbreviated Take a Second™ Video Contest Rules
No purchase necessary. All contest participants must be residents of the U.S., who as of August 13, 2014 are at least 13 years of age and meet all eligibility requirements. Void where prohibited. Click here for complete rules.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
The Take a Second™ Video Contest (“Contest”) is open to all legal United States residents, who as of August 13, 2014 are at least 13 years of age. US residents for the purposes of this contest are defined according to the IRS regulations, which can be found in the I.R.C. Section 7701 (b) and Topic 851, and the Bureau of Immigration Service. US residents include those with a valid green card or who meet the substantial presence test. US residency does not include: an individual temporarily present in the United States as a foreign government-related individual; a teacher or trainee temporarily present in the United States with a J or Q visa; or a student temporarily present in the United States with an F, J, M, or Q visa.Employees of the National Environmental Education and Training Foundation, doing business as the National Environmental Education Foundation (“NEEF”), and each of their respective affiliated companies or agents and the immediate family members of, and any person domiciled with such employees, are not eligible to apply. Winners must be in compliance with all Contest rules.
Each entry must have approval from any persons appearing in the Entry and the Entrant must be able to provide express written consent of every such person appearing in the Entry to NEEF if requested;
Entrant may not share any video unless the Entrant can verify that sharing the image does not violate the rights of any other person or company. NEEF reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any Entry that does not comply with the Official Rules set forth herein.
Each entry must not include any personally identifiable information, such as an Entrant’s full name, address or telephone number.
2. Method of Entry. An Entrant may enter an unlimited number of Entries during the Contest Period, but is only eligible to win one Grand Prize or Honorable Mention prize. During the Contest Period, an Entrant must complete each of the following steps for each entry into the Contest (an “Entry”):
3. Selection of winners. Entries must be received by 3:00 PM EST on October 9, 2014. The top ten (10) entries (“Finalists”) will be selected by a panel of judges appointed by NEEF. Finalists will be posted at http://woobox.com/tyiosb on October 21, 2014. Website visitors will be invited to Vote for their favorite video to help select the winners. Videos will be posted for online judging from 10:00 a.m. EST on October 21, 2014 through 11:59 pm EST on October 25, 2014. Each video may only be voted on once per IP address each day. The winners will be announced on or about October 28, 2014. Winners will be determined by a combination of online website votes and internal judge’s scores. The decision of NEEF in all matters related to the selection of the winners and all matters relating to this Contest are final. Entries will be judged based upon six (6) criteria: the creativity, message content, effective use of contest theme, technical production, usability and overall presentation.
Entries that include content that violates the rights of third parties (including, but not limited to, rights of copyright), are deemed to be obscene or libelous, contain violence or show attacks on individuals or organizations, portray political lobbying, promote or demonstrate political advocacy, litigation initiatives, initiatives with religious purposes, policy advocacy or any other forms of advocacy will be disqualified.
Entries must be original, produced by amateurs and not have been produced for compensation or previous to entry posted on any other Web page.
Entrant understands and agrees that Entrant shares the Video at Entrant’s sole risk and that NEEF is not responsible for any claims arising from the Video, specifically including, but not limited to, claims for intellectual property infringement and privacy rights violations, as well as violations of Instagram’s terms of service.
4. Prizes. The prize package is as follows:
The First Place winner will receive a Samsung ATIV Book 9 Plus Premium Ultrabook, valued at $1,599.99.
The Second Place winner will receive a Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5" 16 GB, valued at $499.99.
The Third Place winner will receive a $250 Home Depot gift card.
Honorable Mention Prizes:
The fourth through sixth ranked videos will each receive a Honeywell programmable thermostat, valued at $106.00.
Each of the top ten finalists will receive a $25 Home Depot gift card.
5. Winner Notification and Acceptance.
Winners will be notified via Facebook and announced on the contest website on, or around, October 28, 2014.
There shall be no prize substitutions and all prizes are non-transferable. The Contest winners will be solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes, if applicable, as well as all other costs associated with claiming the prize. Winners will be required to complete affidavits of eligibility and liability and publicity releases, as applicable (except where prohibited by law) which must be received by NEEF within (7) days of notification of the winning videos. Failure to sign and return the affidavits and releases within seven (7) days after notification, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may, at the sole discretion of NEEF, result in a winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of the interest in the prize and the award of the prize to an alternate winner. The prize winners agree to participate in a photo/video opportunity with NEEF, at NEEF’s election.
Each Entrant hereby grants to NEEF and its affiliated companies and designated agents a non-exclusive, transferable, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty free, unconditional, fully paid license and right (a) to post and to make, have made, use, copy, reproduce, modify, and create derivative works of, the Entry and any materials provided by the Entrant with the Entrant’s Entry or otherwise through the Contest (“Entrant Materials”), (b) to publicly perform or display, import, broadcast, transmit, distribute (directly and indirectly), or license the Entry and Entrant Materials (and derivative works thereof), and (c) to sublicense to third parties the foregoing rights, including the right to sublicense to further third parties. Additionally, each Entrant consents to the use of the name, statements, photographs, videos, voice recordings and likenesses of himself/herself and any other person appearing in the Entry and Entrant Materials, as well as Entrant’s Instagram account name, for publicity purposes, as well as any other purpose associated with the Contest.
By submitting an Entry, Entrant hereby grants permission for the Entry, including the Entrant’s Instagram account name, to be posted on the NEEF’s website or other websites for public view.
Entries must be recorded and produced in English.
7. Limitations of Liability. By entering the Contest, entrants and their affiliated organization agree that all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of–pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest, but in no event attorney’s fees and under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages other than damages for actual out of pocket expenses.
8. Construction. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these official contest rules, or the rights and obligations of any contestant and NEEF, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of laws or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Virginia. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provisions were not contained therein.
9. General Release. By entering this Contest, all participants and/or entrants agree to release NEEF, prize provider, and their affiliated companies and agents from and against all claims and damages arising in connection with each entrant’s participation and/or entry in the Contest (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages related to rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light) and/or his/her/their receipt or use of any prize awarded in this Contest including any injury or harm resulting from the use of the prize or any activity related thereto. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, expressed or implied, outside of the manufacturer’s limited warranty.
10. Sponsor. The Take a Second™ Video Contest is sponsored by the National Environmental Education and Training Foundation doing business as the National Environmental Education Foundation (“NEEF”), whose decisions regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Contest shall be final and binding in all respects. NEEF will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Contest Rules or in other materials related to the Contest. If you have any questions regarding this Contest, please contact email@example.com.